We treat peripheral neuropathy by stimulating the peripheral nerves to heal and repair.
Lim Acupuncture Clinic
- Specializes in peripheral neuropathy with unknown cause, post-chemotherapy and diabetes related cases.
- Provides intensive course of treatments for patients who have tried medications and other therapies with no relief.
- Combining time-tested eastern medicine modalities with modern science and technology to deliver comfort and effective care to relieve symptoms and to slow progression of peripheral neuropathy.
How Does the Treatment Program Work?
- An initial consultation is required with Dr. Lim to determine if you are a candidate for peripheral neuropathy treatment. If you qualify as a patient, treatment can begin on the same day as your consultation.
- During the consultation, the level of sensory loss will be observed through a series of tests.
- All individuals will receive a customized care plan depending on the severity of their neuropathy symptoms and their unique conditions.
- Treatment procedures may include, but are not limited to acupuncture, electroacupuncture, microcurrent therapy, injection therapy, and herbal medicine supplementation.
- The number of procedures and the treatment frequency will vary based on the individual. Do expect to come in 2-3 times a week at the beginning of the program. The treatment frequency will be slowly reduced as we begin to see positive improvement.
- Routine treatment may be recommended to prevent future disease progression after completion of our peripheral neuropathy program.
Can I participate in LAC’s peripheral neuropathy program if I’m also undergoing other treatments and therapies?
Absolutely! We will work with your doctor and other health care professional to comanage your care. Treatments at our facility have minimal to no side effects, and do not typical interfere with prescription medications.
When can I expect to see results from treatments?
Some patients may start to experience improvement after 8-9 treatments but due to the chronic nature of this condition it may take up to 15 treatments to see significant symptom relief.
Will my insurance cover peripheral neuropathy treatments?
We will need to verify your insurance benefits but keep in mind that not all of our services are covered by insurance. Please allow 48 hours for insurance verification before your scheduled appointment time.